TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Paper Shortage: There is a paper shortage in the printing industry as a whole which means we aren’t able to offer guarantees that your job will be printed on the same paper as previous orders. As a small print shop we are the last on the list and have to accept whatever paper is available from the paper manufacturers. We may have to upgrade your paper type to thicker paper if the stated paper type is not available at the time of printing. Scroll down to see – “How does paper affect my print job” for more information.
9 Cent Color Copies does it’s best to print all jobs to the highest standard we can. We do not discourage customers from reaching out to us if there are concerns with color and quality however as a digital print shop there is a limited amount we can do with regards to colors and quality while maintaining our turnaround-time guarantees. We print jobs “as-is”.
Small Print Shop – We are a small print shop and do not offer any color guarantees. Many large print shops have specialized equipment that costs hundreds of thousands of dollars that do nothing but maintain color profiles in a consistent manner. Our shop simply does not have access to that level of equipment.
Digital printing (printing with toner and paper) is highly dependent on weather, humidity, paper white balance and many other issues that are simply out of our control. We cannot guarantee that a job printed today will print the same in a day or week or month from now. Printing with Ink and Paper is very different than toner and paper.
Markup – We don’t markup our printing jobs excessively, this means we have limited room, compared to other print shops to offer free reprints on jobs. Our options are to mark up the jobs 2-3 times higher to accommodate free reprints or to just be honest with customers and have a “you get what you get” policy. If you absolutely HAVE to have specific colors or quality on a print job, reach out to us and we can recommend local print shops that can reach that level of quality in a slower turnaround and higher price point to ensure you get exactly what you need. We care about your satisfaction but recognize that every shop works within it’s own boundaries. We know which print shops do a great job and are happy to offer referrals with no hard feelings.
Printing with Us: If you place an order with us, you are acknowledging that we will not offer you a free reprint due to color matching.
How does paper affect my print job:
- Thickness – The 28lb label for paper is based on weight. The two factors that go into the weight of the paper are density and parent sheet size. The denser the paper the thinner it is, so two brands that have 28lb paper may be entirely different thicknesses and either stiffer, smoother or looser depending on the manufacturer. The weight is based on the weight of 1000 sheets at the parent sheet size. Each manufacturer has different parent sheet sizes. The common ones are 23×29, 23×35, 25×38, 28×40 etc. There’s no standardization across the industry. 28lb paper (70lb text) in one brand is not the same as in another brand.
- White Balance – Each company has their own white balance and the chemical mix they use to get there. Some papers use a pink highlight to get whiter and some brands use a blue highlight to get whiter. We prefer the brands that use blue highlights prior to 2021 we only carried that type of paper but that is no longer possible.
- Gloss vs. Matte – Each company has their own method of creating the gloss and matte papers. Sometimes matte means “uncoated” and sometimes it means “matte coated or silk coated or dull coated.” Sometimes Gloss paper means “gloss coated” and sometimes it means they took the matte paper and ran it through rollers to thin it out and make it shinier. We used to only carry Gloss Coated paper and uncoated matte paper. That’s no longer possible. There aren’t even any companies making “uncoated cardstock” anymore except for one specialty company that is priced way out of our ability to even offer that paper to customers.
- Texture – Some companies have toothier paper and some are ultra smooth paper. We try really hard to not carry the smooth paper because a lot of people need to be able to write on the matte paper. The smooth paper also tends to be thinner and more dense because they get the smoothness by rolling the paper.
- Chemical mix – Each brand uses a different mix of chemicals to make their paper able to accept digital toner. Those chemicals are having the same supply chain issues as everyone else so they keep changing. Some companies have stopped making certain types of paper altogether because they can’t get the chemicals. There’s also a bunch of chemicals that got banned for use in the UK and European regions so those chemical mixes will never return.
- Paper Companies – They keep getting bought out by companies making cardboard because it’s cheaper to convert an existing paper factory into making cardboard than it is to build a new factory. There are some brands/types of paper that are permanently gone.
What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our blog, website or app?
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, mailing address or other details to help you with your experience.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you register on our site, place an order, subscribe to a newsletter, respond to a survey, fill out a form, Use Live Chat, Open a Support Ticket or enter information on our site.
Provide us with feedback on our products or services
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
• To personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
• To improve our website in order to better serve you.
• To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
• To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
• To quickly process your transactions.
• To ask for ratings and reviews of services or products
• To follow up with them after correspondence (live chat, email or phone inquiries)
How do we protect your information?
Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible.
We use regular Malware Scanning.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
We implement a variety of security measures when a user places an order enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
Do we use ‘cookies’?
• Help remember and process the items in the shopping cart.
• Understand and save user’s preferences for future visits.
• Keep track of advertisements.
• Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since browser is a little different, look at your browser’s Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If users disable cookies in their browser:
If you turn cookies off, Some of the features that make your site experience more efficient may not function properly.Some of the features that make your site experience more efficient and may not function properly.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information unless we provide users with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information when it’s release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
We do not include or offer third-party products or services on our website.
Google’s advertising requirements can be summed up by Google’s Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users. https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/1316548?hl=en
We use Google AdSense Advertising on our website.
We have implemented the following:
We, along with third-party vendors such as Google use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) or other third-party identifiers together to compile data regarding user interactions with ad impressions and other ad service functions as they relate to our website.
Users can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Settings page. Alternatively, you can opt out by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative Opt Out page or by using the Google Analytics Opt Out Browser add on.
California Online Privacy Protection Act
According to CalOPPA, we agree to the following:
Users can visit our site anonymously.
Can change your personal information:
• By emailing us
• By logging in to your account
• By chatting with us or by sending us a support ticket
How does our site handle Do Not Track signals?
We honor Do Not Track signals and Do Not Track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
Does our site allow third-party behavioral tracking?
It’s also important to note that we do not allow third-party behavioral tracking
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under the age of 13 years old, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, United States’ consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children’s privacy and safety online.
We do not specifically market to children under the age of 13 years old.
Fair Information Practices
The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information.
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
We will notify you via email
• Within 7 business days
We also agree to the Individual Redress Principle which requires that individuals have the right to legally pursue enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or government agencies to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
CAN SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to:
• Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions
• Process orders and to send information and updates pertaining to orders.
• Send you additional information related to your product and/or service
• Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred.
To be in accordance with CANSPAM, we agree to the following:
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can email us at
and we will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence.